Dallas Houston HSR
240 mile high‐speed rail line
Dedicated Northbound & Southbound tracks
Portion of elevated track
Stations only slated for Houston & Dallas
+ trains per day, everyday
Acres required for the project
Billion Dollar Budget
Lack of Financial Feasibility
Loss of property value(s) and wealth
Threatens private property rights
Property/Easements collateral for lenders
Environmental Issues - Water, Wildlife
Ongoing Efforts By Texans Against High-Speed Rail
- Working with legislators and other elected officials directly and through our lobbyist to support the creation and passage of legislation to oppose high-speed rail in Texas.
- Hosting meetings throughout the state to increase awareness and raise funds to support this effort.
- Making grassroots efforts easier by providing sample letters and the ease of sending letters directly from our website, as well as utilizing social media to keep you informed and engaged in the high-speed rail opposition conversation.
Register for the 2019 Stop the HSR Capitol Day
TAHSR is hosting a Capitol Day on March 19th! Your participation is vitally important. You don’t have to have done this before to participate. We will explain everything you need to know.
Transportation will be provided from multiple starting points in Ennis, Hempstead, Leon & Madison Counties, and Navasota. Departures will be between 6 – 7:30am from each location. Your county coordinator will contact you with specific details. Space is limited so be sure to mark which location you’d like to depart from. Register by March 12th. Attire for the day is business or business casual. There will be a short presentation upon arrival at the capitol before we visit with legislators.
Registration must be completed for each person attending using unique email addresses for each registrant.
This event is not open to employees, contractors, or supporters of the Dallas-Houston HSR.
Join the fight! Donate today!
The volunteer staff of Texans Against High-Speed Rail are all impacted by this current high-speed rail project, so you can be assured that we have only altruistic motivation to help preserve our property AND yours, as well as protect us all from the effects of inevitable tax subsidies. All funds go to direct support of opposition efforts.
- Contact other relevant organizations to get involved
- Contact Federal delegation(s) to express your concerns
- Contact your neighbors, inform them